Wanstead Festival provides perfect opporunity to celebrate Games
Wanstead will have the perfect opportunity to celebrate this Sunday as its annual festival is timed with the closing day of the Olympic Games.
Whether visitors want to revel in a fortnight of sporting glory or are glad to see the back of the Games in Stratford, there will be plenty on offer at Christchurch Green in Wanstead High Street.
The event, organised by Vision Redbridge which runs the borough’s leisure services, will include live music, youth workshops and a cycling showcase between 11am and 5pm.
The festival also marks the final leg of the borough’s touring Inspiration Roadshow which has been marking the Olympic Games.
It includes sport taster sessions and competitions.
You may also want to watch:
The Art Group Wanstead will be showing pieces on the fence of the Green and at The Corner House in Grove Park including stone carvings and pots by members Nigel Mantell and Doreen Spears respectively.
Mr Mantell will be doing stone carving demonstrations as part of the art group’s Trail in Wanstead on September 22 and 23.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
The festival is free.