Wanstead Festival provides perfect opporunity to celebrate Games
Wanstead will have the perfect opportunity to celebrate this Sunday as its annual festival is timed with the closing day of the Olympic Games.
Whether visitors want to revel in a fortnight of sporting glory or are glad to see the back of the Games in Stratford, there will be plenty on offer at Christchurch Green in Wanstead High Street.
The event, organised by Vision Redbridge which runs the borough’s leisure services, will include live music, youth workshops and a cycling showcase between 11am and 5pm.
The festival also marks the final leg of the borough’s touring Inspiration Roadshow which has been marking the Olympic Games.
It includes sport taster sessions and competitions.
You may also want to watch:
The Art Group Wanstead will be showing pieces on the fence of the Green and at The Corner House in Grove Park including stone carvings and pots by members Nigel Mantell and Doreen Spears respectively.
Mr Mantell will be doing stone carving demonstrations as part of the art group’s Trail in Wanstead on September 22 and 23.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 5 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
The festival is free.