Wanstead Festival provides perfect opporunity to celebrate Games
Wanstead will have the perfect opportunity to celebrate this Sunday as its annual festival is timed with the closing day of the Olympic Games.
Whether visitors want to revel in a fortnight of sporting glory or are glad to see the back of the Games in Stratford, there will be plenty on offer at Christchurch Green in Wanstead High Street.
The event, organised by Vision Redbridge which runs the borough’s leisure services, will include live music, youth workshops and a cycling showcase between 11am and 5pm.
The festival also marks the final leg of the borough’s touring Inspiration Roadshow which has been marking the Olympic Games.
It includes sport taster sessions and competitions.
You may also want to watch:
The Art Group Wanstead will be showing pieces on the fence of the Green and at The Corner House in Grove Park including stone carvings and pots by members Nigel Mantell and Doreen Spears respectively.
Mr Mantell will be doing stone carving demonstrations as part of the art group’s Trail in Wanstead on September 22 and 23.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 3 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space
The festival is free.