Vote to give your favourite Redbridge charity a grant with Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Voting is now open to decide which charity will win a £12,000 grant to support its work.
The Recorder has teamed up with Tesco for the Bags of Help scheme, which aims to put proceeds from the 5p carrier bag charge back into the community.
Three charities in Redbridge have been shortlisted, and now readers must decide which will receive the £12,000, £10,000 and £8,000 grants up for grabs.
Last week Tesco Superstore, Southend Road, Woodford Green welcomed community members for an event ahead of the voting opening.
Over the past few weeks, the Recorder has profiled the three shortlisted charities Forest Farm Peace Garden, Hazelbrouck Gardens, Hainault; Friends of Churchfields Park, South Woodford and Roding Valley Park, Roding Lane South, Redbridge.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme was open to entries to bid and the three finalists were chosen by a Tesco panel.
Voting runs in Tesco stores until Sunday.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 7 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
Store manager Himat Pindoria said: “The event was a great opportunity to meet with the charities that are committed to improving the community through their environmental projects and hear their stories first hand.
“The Bags of Help scheme is a great way of supporting communities to make a difference in their local areas, while also raising awareness of local charitable organisations.
“We wish all the charities the best of luck and look forward to seeing their projects in action.”