Visit to orphanage for abandoned Jewish children was ‘life changing’, says teenager
“Inspiring and life changing” is how a woman described her trip to an orphanage in Ukraine for abandoned Jewish children.
Yasmin Muswell, 18, was speaking at the Woodford Liberal Synagogue, Marlborough Road, South Woodford to raise awareness and money for the children.
She visited the Tikva Orphanage in Odessa which houses and educates Jewish children who would otherwise be on the streets.
Miss Muswell said: “Visiting the orphanages was an inspiring and life changing experience.”
After the talk she held a question and answer session about the charity British Friends of Tikva Ordessa.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visist www.tikvaodessa.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 10 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care