Violent storms expected to batter the area from Sunday night
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Brace yourselves as storms are expected to batter the area this weekend.
Heavy rain and high winds are have been forecast to hit the area on Sunday night and continue into Monday morning.
A Met Office warning said that gusts of 60 to 80mph were expected across the region and could bring down trees, cause structural damage and potentially cause transport disruption or power cuts.
Steve Willington, chief forecaster at the Met Office, said: “We are talking about a storm which doesn’t yet exist, so there remains some uncertainty about its possible timing, track and strength.
“However, several forecasts models currently suggest we will see a significant storm with exceptionally strong winds impacting parts of England and Wales.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a developing situation and we’d advise people to stay up to date with our forecasts and warnings over the weekend, and be prepared to change their plans if necessary.
“We’ll continue to work closely with authorities and emergency services to ensure they are aware of the expected conditions.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School