Vintage car and Mercedes set alight in suspected arson attack in Gants Hill
Two cars were set on fire in a suspected arson attack in Gants Hill last night.
Firefighters were called to put out the blaze in Headley Drive at 1am.
Crew manager Jim Jobson said evidence of accelerants, which are used to start fires or cause explosions, was found at the scene.
He added: “The porch window and the main window of the house had been smashed.
“One car, a Mercedes people carrier, had been quite badly damaged at the front.
You may also want to watch:
“A vintage Austin A40 also had burn damage.”
A Morris Minor which also belonged to the victim was not affected by the blaze.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
No one was injured.
If you have any information about the incident, call Redbridge Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.