VIDEO: Yule be sorry if you missed Ilford’s Christmas light switch-on yesterday
Santa, the snow-queen and the Mayor of Redbridge brought festive cheer to Ilford town centre yesterday.
About 100 people counted down to the big switch-on which happened at 6.30pm.
Crowds were entertained with pantomime characters, visiting Santa in his grotto and chatting to the sky-high snow queen.
Cllr Mohammed Javed said: “the atmosphere was very good. There was a mixed crowed and people came from all sections of the community. It’s also good that we support local businesses some of which are struggling a bit.”
Boxes of glow sticks were given out to the waiting crowds standing outside Redbridge Town Hall, High Road.
You may also want to watch:
Other light switch- ons around the borough include in Manford Way, Hainault at 5pm tomorrow and next Thursday outside Fullwell Cross Library, High Street Barkingside at 4.30pm.
The Wanstead light switch-on will be on November 30 at George Green, The Green.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station