VIDEO: Unexplained fire in Goodmayes lock-up garage
- Credit: Archant
A lock-up garage was consumed by an unexplained fire in Goodmayes this afternoon.
Crews were called to the garage in an alleyway off Haslemere Road at just before 1.30pm.
About 25 per cent of the row of five garages was damaged by the blaze.
Two crews from Ilford Fire Station and a command unit from Barking attended the scene.
Dagenham Fire Station manager Paul McClenaghan said: “Our firefighters used a main jet and breathing apparatus.
“We’re taking everything out [of the garage] and damping down, making sure no one is in there.” He said there was no structural risk to the garage.
No cars were inside any the three garages damaged by the fire, and a fire investigation unit will look into the cause of the blaze.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 10 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
Firefighters were on scene for about an hour and no one had claimed ownership of the garage to crews in that time.
Did you see the fire? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3806.