VIDEO: Unexplained fire in Goodmayes lock-up garage
- Credit: Archant
A lock-up garage was consumed by an unexplained fire in Goodmayes this afternoon.
Crews were called to the garage in an alleyway off Haslemere Road at just before 1.30pm.
About 25 per cent of the row of five garages was damaged by the blaze.
Two crews from Ilford Fire Station and a command unit from Barking attended the scene.
Dagenham Fire Station manager Paul McClenaghan said: “Our firefighters used a main jet and breathing apparatus.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re taking everything out [of the garage] and damping down, making sure no one is in there.” He said there was no structural risk to the garage.
No cars were inside any the three garages damaged by the fire, and a fire investigation unit will look into the cause of the blaze.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved
Firefighters were on scene for about an hour and no one had claimed ownership of the garage to crews in that time.
Did you see the fire? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3806.