VIDEO: UFO sighting over the skies of Ilford
- Credit: Archant
When one man was playing back footage for a documentary he was piecing together, he realised he had captured more than merely the delights of Ilford.
John Rogers, 42, had spent the day walking around South Park, South Park Road, Ilford as part of the research for a book he was working on.
He did a bit of filming on his way home on the top deck of a bus with the intention of making a documentary about his travels.
Little did he know that aliens also wanted a piece of the action.
“Discovering that footage was a real fluke,” Mr Rogers said. “I had about four hours of footage and just skipped to the end. That’s when I saw the light. At first I thought it was a reflection but there was no other lights.”
You may also want to watch:
Since he put the footage online he has received attention about the UFO from everyone including comedian Russell Brand to BBC One Sky at Night presenter Jon Culshaw.
Mr Rogers said; “It might be a shooting star or some space debris. It’s definitely some sort of non-terrestrial.”
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 4 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
Did you encounter an alien recently? Would Redbridge be your first port of call? Were you aboard that spaceship?
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.