VIDEO: UFO sighting over the skies of Ilford
- Credit: Archant
When one man was playing back footage for a documentary he was piecing together, he realised he had captured more than merely the delights of Ilford.
John Rogers, 42, had spent the day walking around South Park, South Park Road, Ilford as part of the research for a book he was working on.
He did a bit of filming on his way home on the top deck of a bus with the intention of making a documentary about his travels.
Little did he know that aliens also wanted a piece of the action.
“Discovering that footage was a real fluke,” Mr Rogers said. “I had about four hours of footage and just skipped to the end. That’s when I saw the light. At first I thought it was a reflection but there was no other lights.”
You may also want to watch:
Since he put the footage online he has received attention about the UFO from everyone including comedian Russell Brand to BBC One Sky at Night presenter Jon Culshaw.
Mr Rogers said; “It might be a shooting star or some space debris. It’s definitely some sort of non-terrestrial.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
Did you encounter an alien recently? Would Redbridge be your first port of call? Were you aboard that spaceship?
Let us know at email@example.com.