VIDEO: UFO sighting over the skies of Ilford
- Credit: Archant
When one man was playing back footage for a documentary he was piecing together, he realised he had captured more than merely the delights of Ilford.
John Rogers, 42, had spent the day walking around South Park, South Park Road, Ilford as part of the research for a book he was working on.
He did a bit of filming on his way home on the top deck of a bus with the intention of making a documentary about his travels.
Little did he know that aliens also wanted a piece of the action.
“Discovering that footage was a real fluke,” Mr Rogers said. “I had about four hours of footage and just skipped to the end. That’s when I saw the light. At first I thought it was a reflection but there was no other lights.”
You may also want to watch:
Since he put the footage online he has received attention about the UFO from everyone including comedian Russell Brand to BBC One Sky at Night presenter Jon Culshaw.
Mr Rogers said; “It might be a shooting star or some space debris. It’s definitely some sort of non-terrestrial.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 6 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 7 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 8 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
Did you encounter an alien recently? Would Redbridge be your first port of call? Were you aboard that spaceship?
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.