VIDEO: Queen and Duchess of Cornwall arrive at Barnardo’s, Barkingside
- Credit: Archant
The Queen has arrived in Barkingside with the Duchess of Cornwall to tour the new headquarters of children’s charity Barnardo’s.
Her Majesty, who is patron of Barnardo’s, is now inside the building in Tanners Lane, Barkingside.
She and the Duchess – the charity’s president – will meet children, young people and families that Barnardo’s works with from across the country.
They will also hear first-hand about the charity’s work in the areas of leaving care and family placement.
Later during the visit, which started at 3pm, they will unveil a plaque to commemorate its opening.
You may also want to watch:
Do you see the royal visitors arrive? Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet @ilfordrecorder or upload them to iWitness24.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 5 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 8 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 9 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 10 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out