Video: Olympic Torch carried through Cranbrook Road, Ilford
This is the moment the Olympic Torch was carried through Cranbrook Road in Ilford, before the Flame was passed on to the next torchbearer.
The torchbearer emerged from the grounds of Valentines Mansion in Valentines Park at 9.09am before waving to crowds who lined Cranbrook Road.
Hundreds of people were there to greet him and the other torchbearers as the Flame made its way to Ilford Town Centre.
Among them was John Elliott, 48, who had an access all areas pass at the Barcelona Games of 1992.
He said: “I saw the Torch in Nottingham as well. It’s a great thing to see.
You may also want to watch:
“It would have been good if they’d let some local groups have floats along the route as well.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 7 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 8 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 9 Redbridge ranked second most hygienic London borough for nightlife
- 10 Nine in ten Redbridge women report being subject to street harassment