Video: Olympic Torch carried through Cranbrook Road, Ilford
This is the moment the Olympic Torch was carried through Cranbrook Road in Ilford, before the Flame was passed on to the next torchbearer.
The torchbearer emerged from the grounds of Valentines Mansion in Valentines Park at 9.09am before waving to crowds who lined Cranbrook Road.
Hundreds of people were there to greet him and the other torchbearers as the Flame made its way to Ilford Town Centre.
Among them was John Elliott, 48, who had an access all areas pass at the Barcelona Games of 1992.
He said: “I saw the Torch in Nottingham as well. It’s a great thing to see.
You may also want to watch:
“It would have been good if they’d let some local groups have floats along the route as well.”
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 9 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab