Video: Olympic Torch carried through Cranbrook Road, Ilford
This is the moment the Olympic Torch was carried through Cranbrook Road in Ilford, before the Flame was passed on to the next torchbearer.
The torchbearer emerged from the grounds of Valentines Mansion in Valentines Park at 9.09am before waving to crowds who lined Cranbrook Road.
Hundreds of people were there to greet him and the other torchbearers as the Flame made its way to Ilford Town Centre.
Among them was John Elliott, 48, who had an access all areas pass at the Barcelona Games of 1992.
He said: “I saw the Torch in Nottingham as well. It’s a great thing to see.
You may also want to watch:
“It would have been good if they’d let some local groups have floats along the route as well.”
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Plans for retail park development move step closer
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault