VIDEO: Former Ilford swimming pool demolished
- Credit: Archant
This is what is left of the former Ilford swimming pool, as its demolition continues.
Asbestos found at the site has now been removed since bulldozing began last month, and the front of the building in High Road is set to be knocked down next week.
Main contractors Bouygues UK will then set about removing piping in tunnels underneath the structure, followed by piled foundation works so the primary school eyed up for the site can be constructed.
The demolition and associated work is due to be completed next month.
The former swimming pool closed in September 2008, over concerns with the safety of the building.
You may also want to watch:
• The Recorder wants to know if you think one swimming pool is enough for the borough. Email email@example.com, or call 020 8477 3806 with your thoughts.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station