VIDEO: Former Ilford swimming pool demolished
- Credit: Archant
This is what is left of the former Ilford swimming pool, as its demolition continues.
Asbestos found at the site has now been removed since bulldozing began last month, and the front of the building in High Road is set to be knocked down next week.
Main contractors Bouygues UK will then set about removing piping in tunnels underneath the structure, followed by piled foundation works so the primary school eyed up for the site can be constructed.
The demolition and associated work is due to be completed next month.
The former swimming pool closed in September 2008, over concerns with the safety of the building.
You may also want to watch:
• The Recorder wants to know if you think one swimming pool is enough for the borough. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 020 8477 3806 with your thoughts.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 8 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion