VIDEO: Explosion in Gants Hill ‘arson attack’ on vintage cars caught on CCTV
- Credit: Archant
A fire that left a Mercedes and vintage car burnt and blackened in Gants Hill earlier this month was caught on a nearby CCTV camera.
The footage shows three figures approaching the cars, which are just out of shot, before an explosion lights up the screen and two figures are seen running away.
Firefighters were called to put out the blaze in Headley Drive at 1am on January 4.
Ilford Fire Station crew manager Jim Jobson said evidence of accelerants was found at the scene.
The fire damaged a vintage Austin A40 and Mercedes people carrier but a Morris Minor parked nearby was not affected.
You may also want to watch:
No one was hurt in the incident, which is being investigated by Redbridge Police.
If you have any information about the incident, call Redbridge Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say