VIDEO: Explosion in Gants Hill ‘arson attack’ on vintage cars caught on CCTV
- Credit: Archant
A fire that left a Mercedes and vintage car burnt and blackened in Gants Hill earlier this month was caught on a nearby CCTV camera.
The footage shows three figures approaching the cars, which are just out of shot, before an explosion lights up the screen and two figures are seen running away.
Firefighters were called to put out the blaze in Headley Drive at 1am on January 4.
Ilford Fire Station crew manager Jim Jobson said evidence of accelerants was found at the scene.
The fire damaged a vintage Austin A40 and Mercedes people carrier but a Morris Minor parked nearby was not affected.
You may also want to watch:
No one was hurt in the incident, which is being investigated by Redbridge Police.
If you have any information about the incident, call Redbridge Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown