VIDEO: Chigwell residents show how the Harlem Shake should be done
- Credit: Archant
A woman dressed as a chicken, Superman and Where’s Wally all together in one room can only mean one thing – the Harlem Shake craze has reached Redbridge.
Residents, staff and volunteers created their own version of the internet sensation at the Vitalise Jubilee Lodge in High Road, Chigwell.
The video was the idea of senior care assistant at the respite centre, Jono Dale, who said that everyone had a huge amount of fun creating the video.
Mr Dale said: “We wanted to put our own unique spin on the Harlem Shake and show people another side of disability. Being able to do something like this is one of the many joys of working in such a unique environment!”
Vitalise is a charity which provides breaks for people with disabilities or their carers.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a fantastic group of willing guests and volunteers that we couldn’t have done it without,” Mr Dale added. .
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit