VIDEO: CCTV footage shows moment gunman stormed into Cakes and Shakes in Woodford Green
CCTV footage has been released of the moment a gunman burst into a milkshake parlour in Woodford Green, before aiming a handgun at the shop’s owner.
Temidire Owolabi, 21, of Chafford Hundred, Essex, was found guilty at the Old Bailey yesterday of attempted murder and possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life at the Old Bailey.
He wept in the dock and told jurors they would “burn in hell” after being convicted.
The court heard that Owolabi stormed into the Cakes and Shakes milkshake parlour in High Road, Woodford Green, on November 14 and shot James Bryant, 24, in the face with a pistol.
Mr Bryant – who no longer owns the caf� – spent two months in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Owolabi was cleared of possession of a firearm related to another hit on Mr Bryant’s business on November 12.
The jury failed to reach a verdict on whether Owolabi plotted the shooting with Romain Arthur, 23, of Hazel Way, Chingford.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
Arthur was found not guilty of two counts of perverting the course of justice.
Both men will face a retrial on a charge of conspiracy to murder at a date to be fixed, after which Owolabi will be sentenced.
They denied all charges.