VIDEO: 90s popstar to sing at Ilford nightclub for cancer charity on Saturday
An Ilford nightclub will welcome a 90s music star for a throwback event of dance anthems in aid of a cancer charity close to the organiser’s heart.
Craig Bonser, of East Ham, has attracted Blackbox’s Katrin Quinol to perform her number one single Ride on Time at If Bar, Ilford Hill, Ilford on Saturday.
The Jubilee weekend night will raise funds for World Cancer Research Fund in memory of Craig’s grandparents, who both died as a result of the disease a decade apart.
Also on the bill for the event is Jessica Mitchell (aka DJ Connoisseur), who believes the Blackbox star will be a fitting “queen for the night”.
She said: “The venue will be playing their part in the royal jubilee weekend celebrations by temporarily bringing back those club land glory days otherwise known as the 1990s.
You may also want to watch:
“Expect to witness an unashamed marriage of race, generation and sexualities on the night.”
Tickets are priced at �5 online and can be purchased from www.fatsoma.com.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones