VIDEO: 90s popstar to sing at Ilford nightclub for cancer charity on Saturday
An Ilford nightclub will welcome a 90s music star for a throwback event of dance anthems in aid of a cancer charity close to the organiser’s heart.
Craig Bonser, of East Ham, has attracted Blackbox’s Katrin Quinol to perform her number one single Ride on Time at If Bar, Ilford Hill, Ilford on Saturday.
The Jubilee weekend night will raise funds for World Cancer Research Fund in memory of Craig’s grandparents, who both died as a result of the disease a decade apart.
Also on the bill for the event is Jessica Mitchell (aka DJ Connoisseur), who believes the Blackbox star will be a fitting “queen for the night”.
She said: “The venue will be playing their part in the royal jubilee weekend celebrations by temporarily bringing back those club land glory days otherwise known as the 1990s.
You may also want to watch:
“Expect to witness an unashamed marriage of race, generation and sexualities on the night.”
Tickets are priced at �5 online and can be purchased from www.fatsoma.com.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 8 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross