Vera Wang wedding dress could be yours for only £800 after it was donated to South Woodford charity shop
- Credit: Archant
A Vera Wang wedding dress could be yours for £800, after the exclusive gown was donated to a South Woodford charity shop.
The dress, worth more than £2,000, is for sale at Barnardo’s, in George Lane, South Woodford, giving brides-to-be the chance to get their hands on the designer buy for a snippet of its normal price.
Store manager, Tracy Purcell, said: “The beautiful dress was donated to Barnardo’s last summer from a bridal shop. We have had a number of famous bridal gown designers in before, but nothing as high end as Vera Wang.
“When it first came in I thought it was lovely especially from the back. When I saw the name, I thought it couldn’t possibly be right.”
The money raised from the gown will help fund the charity’s vital work with over 200,000 disadvantaged and vulnerable children in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Purcell added: “It has already been popular with people coming into the shop, and all the brides-to-be want to try it on. I think it will attract a lot of people as its very unique.”
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 7 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 8 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 9 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 10 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge