Vera Wang wedding dress could be yours for only £800 after it was donated to South Woodford charity shop
- Credit: Archant
A Vera Wang wedding dress could be yours for £800, after the exclusive gown was donated to a South Woodford charity shop.
The dress, worth more than £2,000, is for sale at Barnardo’s, in George Lane, South Woodford, giving brides-to-be the chance to get their hands on the designer buy for a snippet of its normal price.
Store manager, Tracy Purcell, said: “The beautiful dress was donated to Barnardo’s last summer from a bridal shop. We have had a number of famous bridal gown designers in before, but nothing as high end as Vera Wang.
“When it first came in I thought it was lovely especially from the back. When I saw the name, I thought it couldn’t possibly be right.”
The money raised from the gown will help fund the charity’s vital work with over 200,000 disadvantaged and vulnerable children in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Purcell added: “It has already been popular with people coming into the shop, and all the brides-to-be want to try it on. I think it will attract a lot of people as its very unique.”
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park