‘Van fire’ near Redbridge Roundabout was hoax
A reported van fire near the Redbridge Roundabout this morning appears to have been a hoax.
Ilford firefighters rushed to Royston Gardens after a call around 8.30am reporting a white van alight but could not find anything at the scene.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said the call was a “malicious” hoax.
Two fire engines were sent after the prank.
The spokesman added: “If our operators suspect a call is a hoax they go through a whole series of questions.
You may also want to watch:
“That means we don’t attend many hoax calls but you can’t do it all the time and if we do think there’s an emergency we always go.
“It’s time that could be spent on real emergencies.”
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath