‘Van fire’ near Redbridge Roundabout was hoax
A reported van fire near the Redbridge Roundabout this morning appears to have been a hoax.
Ilford firefighters rushed to Royston Gardens after a call around 8.30am reporting a white van alight but could not find anything at the scene.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said the call was a “malicious” hoax.
Two fire engines were sent after the prank.
The spokesman added: “If our operators suspect a call is a hoax they go through a whole series of questions.
You may also want to watch:
“That means we don’t attend many hoax calls but you can’t do it all the time and if we do think there’s an emergency we always go.
“It’s time that could be spent on real emergencies.”
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 9 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 10 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge