RSPCA appeals for witnesses after alleged act of animal cruelty in Valentines Park
- Credit: Archant
The RSPCA is urging anyone with any information about an alleged act of animal cruelty in Valentines Park to come forward after a video of a man appearing to kick a dog went viral on social media.
The video clip, posted on both Facebook and Twitter, was reportedly captured at around 1.25pm on Saturday, February 22.
In it, a man walking a brown dog - possibly a spaniel - by one of the lakes in Valentines Park appears to throw his foot at the dog before dragging the animal away.
Text uploaded alongside the video suggested that the man had been seen forcing the dog into the lake moments earlier.
The dog does not appear to be seriously injured as it is led away.
You may also want to watch:
An RSPCA spokeswoman confirmed to the Recorder: "We are aware of this video and would ask anyone with information about this incident to report it to us by calling 0300 1234 999."
- 1 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 2 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 4 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 5 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 6 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack