RSPCA appeals for witnesses after alleged act of animal cruelty in Valentines Park
- Credit: Archant
The RSPCA is urging anyone with any information about an alleged act of animal cruelty in Valentines Park to come forward after a video of a man appearing to kick a dog went viral on social media.
The video clip, posted on both Facebook and Twitter, was reportedly captured at around 1.25pm on Saturday, February 22.
In it, a man walking a brown dog - possibly a spaniel - by one of the lakes in Valentines Park appears to throw his foot at the dog before dragging the animal away.
Text uploaded alongside the video suggested that the man had been seen forcing the dog into the lake moments earlier.
The dog does not appear to be seriously injured as it is led away.
You may also want to watch:
An RSPCA spokeswoman confirmed to the Recorder: "We are aware of this video and would ask anyone with information about this incident to report it to us by calling 0300 1234 999."
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan