Valentines Mansion in Ilford hosts Great British Bake Off celeb special
One of Redbridge’s best loved landmarks will again appear in a star-studded version of a television bakery show.
The Great British Bake Off returned to Valentines Mansion, Emerson Road, Ilford, this week for a celebrity special as part of BBC Sport Relief.
At 8pm each evening from tonight four well-known faces will be seen donning their aprons in the marquee set up in the gardens of the 300-year-old Mansion, and the nail-biting final will take place on Friday night.
Redbridge Cllr Sue Nolan, responsible for culture and leisure, said she was “really looking forward” to seeing Valentines Park appear on television.
She said: The Great British Bake Off shown earlier this year was an excellent showcase for both the grounds and building and made a stunning back drop.
You may also want to watch:
“I am sure it will look just as impressive this time round.”
Choreographer Arlene Phillips and TV gardener Joe Swift are among the scontestants to feature in the four episodes.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
Staff from Redbridge Vision, which runs leisure services for Redbridge Council, helped to make filming go as smoothly as possible for the show’s producers.
The programme is hosted by Mel Giedroyc, with the contestants’ baking challenges devised by legendary cookery writer Mary Berry and baker Paul Hollywood who are also on hand to judge and taste their efforts.
For more information on how to hire Valentines Mansion visit www.valentinesmansion.com. The house reopens to the public on January 24.