Valentines Mansion in Ilford hosts Great British Bake Off celeb special
One of Redbridge’s best loved landmarks will again appear in a star-studded version of a television bakery show.
The Great British Bake Off returned to Valentines Mansion, Emerson Road, Ilford, this week for a celebrity special as part of BBC Sport Relief.
At 8pm each evening from tonight four well-known faces will be seen donning their aprons in the marquee set up in the gardens of the 300-year-old Mansion, and the nail-biting final will take place on Friday night.
Redbridge Cllr Sue Nolan, responsible for culture and leisure, said she was “really looking forward” to seeing Valentines Park appear on television.
She said: The Great British Bake Off shown earlier this year was an excellent showcase for both the grounds and building and made a stunning back drop.
You may also want to watch:
“I am sure it will look just as impressive this time round.”
Choreographer Arlene Phillips and TV gardener Joe Swift are among the scontestants to feature in the four episodes.
- 1 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 2 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
Staff from Redbridge Vision, which runs leisure services for Redbridge Council, helped to make filming go as smoothly as possible for the show’s producers.
The programme is hosted by Mel Giedroyc, with the contestants’ baking challenges devised by legendary cookery writer Mary Berry and baker Paul Hollywood who are also on hand to judge and taste their efforts.
For more information on how to hire Valentines Mansion visit www.valentinesmansion.com. The house reopens to the public on January 24.