Uphall Primary School raises money to give their playground a make-over
- Credit: Archant
Uphall Primary School students were greeted with a welcome back fayre that helped to raise money to transform their school playground.
The day took place in Uphall Road, where there were Game stalls including Hook the duck and coconut shie, as well as a Kid’s Disco led by Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
The Uphall Parent and Teacher Association ran the day and the chairman Lubna Hameed said: “it’s amazing what parents and teachers can achieve by working together.”
The events ran from 12pm-4pm on Sunday 28, and there were prizes like a £100.00 Exchange Ilford Gift Card and a signed photo of footballer Ryan Giggs.
The aim of the day was to raise money to give the school’s back playground a make-over and Mrs Hameed said: “We believe in providing a physically, socially and mentally enriching experience every day”.
You may also want to watch:
The Redbridge Food Bank based in Granville Road were also invited and people could donate food to the charity and in return were given free entry into the fayre.
Lubna added: “Redbridge Food bank received so many donations, and as a school we are glad to have made that link with them”.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
The school raised about £1,400 and there are plans for the money to be spent on the playground and other investments into the school.