UPDATE: Woman with serious head injury after Ilford assault
A woman found collapsed this morning was assaulted and sustained serious head injuries, police have confirmed.
The woman was found just after 9am in Connaught Lane, an alleyway behind Ilford County Court.
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance Service said: “We arrived at the scene at 9.20am, the woman was taken as a priority to hospital.”
Police remained at the scene when the Recorder arrived shortly after 11am.
A police spokesman said: “The woman had sustained serious head injuries. She is now in hospital but has not been identified and has nothing to assist in us identifying her such as a handbag.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Did you see the incident? Contact the newsdesk on 0208 477 3826.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 6 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 7 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 8 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 9 Councillor's year-long running challenge ends with £1.2k foodbank donation
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'