UPDATE: Woman with serious head injury after Ilford assault
A woman found collapsed this morning was assaulted and sustained serious head injuries, police have confirmed.
The woman was found just after 9am in Connaught Lane, an alleyway behind Ilford County Court.
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance Service said: “We arrived at the scene at 9.20am, the woman was taken as a priority to hospital.”
Police remained at the scene when the Recorder arrived shortly after 11am.
A police spokesman said: “The woman had sustained serious head injuries. She is now in hospital but has not been identified and has nothing to assist in us identifying her such as a handbag.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Did you see the incident? Contact the newsdesk on 0208 477 3826.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 8 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath