UPDATE - Woman in 30s hit after Porsche comes off road in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 30s has been taken to hospital after being hit by a sports car when it careered off a “dangerous” road in Chadwell Heath.
The pedestrian was “clipped by the wing mirror” of a Porsche Carrera as she walked along Chadwell Heath Lane, before it ploughed into a wall shortly before 10am today.
Before hitting the woman the car had come into collision with the side of an empty school bus which had been pulling out of Charles Road.
The driver of the bus, who did not want to be named, said the car had “appeared from nowhere.”
The London Ambulance Service took the patient to the Royal London Hospital as a priority, after sustaining injuries to her leg and shoulder.
You may also want to watch:
An eyewitness and work colleague of the driver of the car, who did not want to be named, said: “The lady had been walking on the pavement and was clipped by the wing mirror. She was in a little bit of pain but she wasn’t unconscious.
“People came rushing over. He was only going about 25mph and there were no skid marks left in the road.”
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
David Joberns, 80, of Chadwell Heath Lane, added: “We often have bumps along this road and this junction in particular is a dangerous one.”
Did you see what happened? Please call 0208 477 3825, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet @IlfordRecorder.