UPDATE: Two men injured after South Woodford crash
Two men have been taken to hospital following a crash in South Woodford.
The collision in Woodford New Road involved a car, a bin lorry and possibly other vehicles shortly before 2pm.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We sent three ambulance crews to the scene and staff treated a 56-year-old man.
“We immobilised him [on a stretcher with a neck brace] for safety before taking him to Whipps Cross Hospital.”
Another man, in his 40s, was also taken to the hospital complaining of back pain.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed southbound between Waterworks Corner and Walthamstow after the accident but is now open.
Transport for London reports traffic flowing well.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
Were you near the accident or stuck in traffic? Call us on 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.