UPDATE: Two men injured after South Woodford crash
Two men have been taken to hospital following a crash in South Woodford.
The collision in Woodford New Road involved a car, a bin lorry and possibly other vehicles shortly before 2pm.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We sent three ambulance crews to the scene and staff treated a 56-year-old man.
“We immobilised him [on a stretcher with a neck brace] for safety before taking him to Whipps Cross Hospital.”
Another man, in his 40s, was also taken to the hospital complaining of back pain.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed southbound between Waterworks Corner and Walthamstow after the accident but is now open.
Transport for London reports traffic flowing well.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 8 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
Were you near the accident or stuck in traffic? Call us on 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.