UPDATE: Thugs smash up South Woodford shop and threaten worker
A thug “ran” towards a trader clutching a weapon as she stood in front of her looted jewellers shop last night.
Richard Miles Jewellers, George Lane, South Woodford, was ransacked at just after 10am last night.
Gold and silver jewellery along with watches were all taken from broken display cabinets in the shop.
Bhavika Dewchand and her father, who owns the shop, were at the damaged building last night after getting a phone call about the disturbance.
Bhavika said: “We were waiting here for the shutters to be fixed.
You may also want to watch:
“Four men came back and one came running towards us.
“He had something in his hands.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 9 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab
“I’ve never driven off as fast as that.”
She added: “Forty of them lifted up half the shutter and were throwing rocks and bricks at the windows.”
The neighbouring Nationwide bank was also targeted and its windows smashed.
The incident follows reports of looting in Ilford Lane, High Road, Ilford and Woodford Green.