UPDATE: Thugs smash up South Woodford shop and threaten worker
A thug “ran” towards a trader clutching a weapon as she stood in front of her looted jewellers shop last night.
Richard Miles Jewellers, George Lane, South Woodford, was ransacked at just after 10am last night.
Gold and silver jewellery along with watches were all taken from broken display cabinets in the shop.
Bhavika Dewchand and her father, who owns the shop, were at the damaged building last night after getting a phone call about the disturbance.
Bhavika said: “We were waiting here for the shutters to be fixed.
You may also want to watch:
“Four men came back and one came running towards us.
“He had something in his hands.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
“I’ve never driven off as fast as that.”
She added: “Forty of them lifted up half the shutter and were throwing rocks and bricks at the windows.”
The neighbouring Nationwide bank was also targeted and its windows smashed.
The incident follows reports of looting in Ilford Lane, High Road, Ilford and Woodford Green.