UPDATE: Teen charged with Ilford murder
Police investigating the fatal stabbing of 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford last week have charged a teenager with his murder.
The 19-year-old man was charged with murder and violent disorder this afternoon, and will appear at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (Thursday).
Kelvin, also known as Boss Don Gramz, received various injuries and died as the result of a stab wound to the chest during a violent clash near to the police station in High Road, Ilford, in the early hours of Monday of last week.
He died nine hours later in the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel.
Gary Dolby, from the Crown Prosecution Service, said: “The CPS has this afternoon authorised that a man should be charged with the murder of Kelvin Chibueze.
You may also want to watch:
“At this stage, there is a reasonable suspicion that the 19-year-old was responsible for the unlawful killing of Mr Chibueze. It is clearly in the public interest that he be prosecuted for this offence.”
He added: “As with all prosecutions, we will keep the case against the defendant under review and consider any new evidence provided to us by the police during their ongoing investigation into this incident.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 10 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
Kelvin had earlier been partying with friends inside the little-known Artifex Nightclub, in an alley off High Road, Ilford, opposite Fitness First.
He was found injured in a car park off Thompson Close, Ilford.
Two 30-year-old men arrested on suspicion of murder have been bailed to return to police in September.
Anyone with information on the murder is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.