UPDATE: Teen charged with Ilford murder
Police investigating the fatal stabbing of 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford last week have charged a teenager with his murder.
The 19-year-old man was charged with murder and violent disorder this afternoon, and will appear at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (Thursday).
Kelvin, also known as Boss Don Gramz, received various injuries and died as the result of a stab wound to the chest during a violent clash near to the police station in High Road, Ilford, in the early hours of Monday of last week.
He died nine hours later in the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel.
Gary Dolby, from the Crown Prosecution Service, said: “The CPS has this afternoon authorised that a man should be charged with the murder of Kelvin Chibueze.
You may also want to watch:
“At this stage, there is a reasonable suspicion that the 19-year-old was responsible for the unlawful killing of Mr Chibueze. It is clearly in the public interest that he be prosecuted for this offence.”
He added: “As with all prosecutions, we will keep the case against the defendant under review and consider any new evidence provided to us by the police during their ongoing investigation into this incident.”
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 4 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 5 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 6 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
Kelvin had earlier been partying with friends inside the little-known Artifex Nightclub, in an alley off High Road, Ilford, opposite Fitness First.
He was found injured in a car park off Thompson Close, Ilford.
Two 30-year-old men arrested on suspicion of murder have been bailed to return to police in September.
Anyone with information on the murder is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.