UPDATE: Stabbed Ilford man undergoing surgery
A man stabbed in Ilford in the early hours of this morning is undergoing surgery as forensics officers continue to gather evidence at the scene of the attack.
The man, believed to be in his 20s, was stabbed more than once close to Ilford Police Station in High Road, Ilford, at about 4am.
A cordon has been put in place from the police station to Lynton House, restricting access to the town centre.
Fitness First, which is opposite the police station, will be closed for the rest of today and the retail park, which houses shops including Lidl, is also closed because of the cordon.
Police say the cordon will remain in place for “the majority” of today.
You may also want to watch:
The man was treated at the scene of the stabbing by an ambulance crew, a single responder in a car and a doctor in a car from the air ambulance unit.
The injured man, who was reached by paramedics in less than five minutes, was taken to hospital by ambulance.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 4 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 6 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
Did you see what happened in the early hours of this morning? Call 020 8477 3806, or email email@example.com.