UPDATE: Stabbed Ilford man undergoing surgery
A man stabbed in Ilford in the early hours of this morning is undergoing surgery as forensics officers continue to gather evidence at the scene of the attack.
The man, believed to be in his 20s, was stabbed more than once close to Ilford Police Station in High Road, Ilford, at about 4am.
A cordon has been put in place from the police station to Lynton House, restricting access to the town centre.
Fitness First, which is opposite the police station, will be closed for the rest of today and the retail park, which houses shops including Lidl, is also closed because of the cordon.
Police say the cordon will remain in place for “the majority” of today.
You may also want to watch:
The man was treated at the scene of the stabbing by an ambulance crew, a single responder in a car and a doctor in a car from the air ambulance unit.
The injured man, who was reached by paramedics in less than five minutes, was taken to hospital by ambulance.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 8 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 9 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
Did you see what happened in the early hours of this morning? Call 020 8477 3806, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.