UPDATE: Stabbed Ilford man undergoing surgery
A man stabbed in Ilford in the early hours of this morning is undergoing surgery as forensics officers continue to gather evidence at the scene of the attack.
The man, believed to be in his 20s, was stabbed more than once close to Ilford Police Station in High Road, Ilford, at about 4am.
A cordon has been put in place from the police station to Lynton House, restricting access to the town centre.
Fitness First, which is opposite the police station, will be closed for the rest of today and the retail park, which houses shops including Lidl, is also closed because of the cordon.
Police say the cordon will remain in place for “the majority” of today.
You may also want to watch:
The man was treated at the scene of the stabbing by an ambulance crew, a single responder in a car and a doctor in a car from the air ambulance unit.
The injured man, who was reached by paramedics in less than five minutes, was taken to hospital by ambulance.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
Did you see what happened in the early hours of this morning? Call 020 8477 3806, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.