UPDATE: Seven Kings hand hack was ‘self inflicted’
A 23-year-old man whose hand had been hacked from his wrist inflicted the injury on himself, police have said.
Officers were called to the public toilets in front of the High Road Seven Kings Car Park at just before 3pm on Saturday.
The injured man was treated at the scene and taken by ambulance to the Royal London Hospital, Whitehcapel.
His injuries are believed to be “life changing” according to police.
Eyewitness Gurpreet Sagoo saw the man’s hand “hanging off” before it completely detached itself.
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old added: “When I got to him he had lost a lot of blood and he was very pale.
“I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. I had no clue what to do. It looked pretty bad.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
• Did you witness the incident? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3806, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.