UPDATE: Seven Kings hand hack was ‘self inflicted’
A 23-year-old man whose hand had been hacked from his wrist inflicted the injury on himself, police have said.
Officers were called to the public toilets in front of the High Road Seven Kings Car Park at just before 3pm on Saturday.
The injured man was treated at the scene and taken by ambulance to the Royal London Hospital, Whitehcapel.
His injuries are believed to be “life changing” according to police.
Eyewitness Gurpreet Sagoo saw the man’s hand “hanging off” before it completely detached itself.
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old added: “When I got to him he had lost a lot of blood and he was very pale.
“I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. I had no clue what to do. It looked pretty bad.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
• Did you witness the incident? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3806, or email email@example.com.