UPDATE: Ports and airports on alert after Ilford man steals 252 new iPhone 5s
Ports and airports have been put on alert for a man who allegedly stole 252 brand new iPhone 5s before they went on sale.
Usman Sethi, 23, of Audley Gardens, Ilford, is wanted for questioning after the phones were stolen from a Wimbledon branch of O2.
If all 252 phones were the basic model worth �529 each, this would equate to �133,308 - the price of an average flat in Ilford.
They were stolen at about 1.30am on Friday just over six hours before they were due to be released nationally. Cash was taken from the shop’s safe.
Police also want to question Mr Sethi over the theft of jewellery belonging to a family member at his home in Ilford.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as being a Pakistani national and is 6ft1in. He may be driving a grey Ford Mondeo. Anyone with information should call 020 8649 3062 or anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation