UPDATE: Ports and airports on alert after Ilford man steals 252 new iPhone 5s
Ports and airports have been put on alert for a man who allegedly stole 252 brand new iPhone 5s before they went on sale.
Usman Sethi, 23, of Audley Gardens, Ilford, is wanted for questioning after the phones were stolen from a Wimbledon branch of O2.
If all 252 phones were the basic model worth �529 each, this would equate to �133,308 - the price of an average flat in Ilford.
They were stolen at about 1.30am on Friday just over six hours before they were due to be released nationally. Cash was taken from the shop’s safe.
Police also want to question Mr Sethi over the theft of jewellery belonging to a family member at his home in Ilford.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as being a Pakistani national and is 6ft1in. He may be driving a grey Ford Mondeo. Anyone with information should call 020 8649 3062 or anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 9 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation