UPDATE: Ports and airports on alert after Ilford man steals 252 new iPhone 5s
Ports and airports have been put on alert for a man who allegedly stole 252 brand new iPhone 5s before they went on sale.
Usman Sethi, 23, of Audley Gardens, Ilford, is wanted for questioning after the phones were stolen from a Wimbledon branch of O2.
If all 252 phones were the basic model worth �529 each, this would equate to �133,308 - the price of an average flat in Ilford.
They were stolen at about 1.30am on Friday just over six hours before they were due to be released nationally. Cash was taken from the shop’s safe.
Police also want to question Mr Sethi over the theft of jewellery belonging to a family member at his home in Ilford.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as being a Pakistani national and is 6ft1in. He may be driving a grey Ford Mondeo. Anyone with information should call 020 8649 3062 or anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 6 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 9 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'