UPDATE: Police re-open Cranbrook Road after suspect package found
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have declared Cranbrook Road safe after a package was found this afternoon.
Reports came through around 2pm of a “suspect” package being found in the road.
People were evacuated from an area of the road spanning about 120 meters.
Redbridge Police (@MPSRedbridge) tweeted: “Sorry for the traffic issues around Cranbrook Road. Police are dealing with a suspect package.”
But around 30 minutes later, the police said the package was “harmless” and re-opened the road.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge MPS tweeted: “Thank you for your patience in Cranbrook Road, the package was harmless and the road has reopened.”
Were you there? Please give the newsdesk a call on 0208 477 3825.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines