UPDATE: Police appeal for witnesses to collision that killed motorcyclist on A406
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision that killed a motorcyclist on the A406 on Saturday.
The 28-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene after he was involved in a collision with a vehicle on the southbound carriageway near the Redbridge Roundabout around 11.30am.
His motorbike then hit a group of pedestrians, who were all taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
A six-year-old girl was treated for a pelvic injury, a 42-year-old woman sustained a leg injury and a seven-year-old girl had minor injuries.
A 47-year-old man was also taken to hospital. They have since been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist’s family have been informed and a post-mortem examination will be held at Queens Mortuary today (Wednesday).
An inquest will open at a future date.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
The Road Death Investigation Unit based at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage is investigating the collision and anyone with information is asked to call 020 8597 4874.