UPDATE: One injured after Ilford Christian centre collapses
Just the “iron girders” of a Christian centre remain after it dramatically collapsed in Ilford Town Centre today.
One person is being treated at the scene, while the whole of Clements Road, Ilford has been evacuated.
The five-storey City Gates Christian centre, in Clements Road, was under construction.
According to an eyewitness, debris fell close to Redbridge Town Hall and in its car park.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said six fire crews and three fire rescue units are at the scene after the metal framework of the structure collapsed.
You may also want to watch:
A topping out ceremony for the building was held on Wednesday.
Have you witnessed what is happening in Clements Road? Do you have pictures from the scene? Call us on 020 8477 3806, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @ilfordrecorder.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
More to follow.