UPDATE: One injured after Ilford Christian centre collapses
Just the “iron girders” of a Christian centre remain after it dramatically collapsed in Ilford Town Centre today.
One person is being treated at the scene, while the whole of Clements Road, Ilford has been evacuated.
The five-storey City Gates Christian centre, in Clements Road, was under construction.
According to an eyewitness, debris fell close to Redbridge Town Hall and in its car park.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said six fire crews and three fire rescue units are at the scene after the metal framework of the structure collapsed.
You may also want to watch:
A topping out ceremony for the building was held on Wednesday.
Have you witnessed what is happening in Clements Road? Do you have pictures from the scene? Call us on 020 8477 3806, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @ilfordrecorder.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
More to follow.