UPDATE: Motorcyclist in fatal crash on A406 named
The motorcyclist killed in a collision on Saturday has been named locally as Muhammad Arshiid Abdul.
The 28-year-old is believed to be from Edmonton, north London and is married, although it is not known if he had any children.
It is understood that his father flew from Mauritius on Monday and has been making funeral arrangements for the body to be buried in the Gardens of Peace Cemetery, in Elmbridge Road, Hainault.
It was hoped that the funeral would be carried out today but the body has not been released from the coroner.
The incident happened at 11.30am on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Police said his motorbike was in collision with a vehicle before his motorcycle collided with a group of pedestrians on the A406 southbound near Redbridge roundabout.
Mr Abdul was pronounced dead at the scene. Four pedestrians, including a man, 47, and 41-year-old woman were taken to hospital as well as two children both aged six. They have since been discharged.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
A post-mortem will be held today and an inquest will be held on a later date.
Anyone who witnesses the incident or with information should call 020 8597 4874.