UPDATE: Man taken to hospital after chemical incident at Ilford school
A man has been taken to hospital following fumes being emitted from chemicals used in a school’s swimming pool.
The ambulance service were called just after 9am this morning to Ilford County High School, in Freemantle Road.
The man was checked over before being taken to King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes.
Police were reportedly at the scene.
Five fire engines were called to the scene this morning along with two special fire units and a larger fire vehicle used for meetings.
You may also want to watch:
The two fire engines sent from Ilford fire station, in High Road, Ilford have now left the scene, but it is not clear if other crews remain there.
• Did you see what happened at the school this morning? Contact the newsdesk on 020 8477 3000 or tweet us @ilfordrecorder.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 3 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space