UPDATE: Man taken to hospital after chemical incident at Ilford school
A man has been taken to hospital following fumes being emitted from chemicals used in a school’s swimming pool.
The ambulance service were called just after 9am this morning to Ilford County High School, in Freemantle Road.
The man was checked over before being taken to King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes.
Police were reportedly at the scene.
Five fire engines were called to the scene this morning along with two special fire units and a larger fire vehicle used for meetings.
You may also want to watch:
The two fire engines sent from Ilford fire station, in High Road, Ilford have now left the scene, but it is not clear if other crews remain there.
• Did you see what happened at the school this morning? Contact the newsdesk on 020 8477 3000 or tweet us @ilfordrecorder.
- 1 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'