UPDATE: Man taken to hospital after chemical incident at Ilford school
A man has been taken to hospital following fumes being emitted from chemicals used in a school’s swimming pool.
The ambulance service were called just after 9am this morning to Ilford County High School, in Freemantle Road.
The man was checked over before being taken to King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes.
Police were reportedly at the scene.
Five fire engines were called to the scene this morning along with two special fire units and a larger fire vehicle used for meetings.
You may also want to watch:
The two fire engines sent from Ilford fire station, in High Road, Ilford have now left the scene, but it is not clear if other crews remain there.
• Did you see what happened at the school this morning? Contact the newsdesk on 020 8477 3000 or tweet us @ilfordrecorder.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 5 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole