UPDATE: Man stabbed hours after Jason Derulo Faces gig
A clubber was knifed in the chest while standing in the middle of the road following a performance by chart-topper Jason Derulo.
The 23-year-old man was stabbed in Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, 30 minutes after Faces Nightclub closed early on Monday.
About 400 revellers had earlier been inside partying with singer Jason Derulo, who reached number one in the UK charts last week with his hit Don’t Wanna Go Home.
Faces boss Tony Bee said: “We had about 400 people watching Jason Derulo, a reasonable audience, and it was a good night.
“We had been closed for about 30 minutes when this chap was looking for his friends outside. There was a bit of mickey-taking and banter from some people in a pair of cars that quickly turned into an argument.
You may also want to watch:
“Faces had nothing whatsoever to do with what happened outside,” Mr Bee added.
Last November the cast of The Only Way is Essex, including Mark Wright and Amy Childs, partied in Faces for the final instalment of the first series.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
Mr Bee said: “We are probably the most quoted club on TV and in the press but we have become a victim of our success. We are used as a reference point everytime something happens in Gants Hill.
“Redbridge should be proud of Faces, without us there would be no night-time economy.”
The victim was treated at the scene for a puncture wound to his chest and cut to his face. He was taken to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, where his injuries were not deemed to be life threatening.
No arrests have been made in connection with the incident.