Man hit by a train on Chadwell Heath to Romford line
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being hit by a train on the line between Chadwell Heath station and Romford station this afternoon.
Officers from the British Transport Police and the Metropolitan Police attended the scene after the incident was reported at 1.28pm.
The incident is being treated as non-suspicious.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
A Greater Anglia spokesman confirmed the lines had reopened at 2.52pm.
You may also want to watch:
“There are some alterations to the service, but generally it is running back to normal,” the spokesman said.
A file is being prepared for the coroner.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
Are you at Chadwell Heath station? Give us a call on 0208 477 3825.