UPDATE: ‘Lorry runs over central reservation’ before crashing into woman’s Gants Hill living room
A lorry ran over the central reservation of the A12 and crashed into the living room of a house, injuring a pensioner, according to a neighbour.
The lorry is embedded in the house after the accident, which happened at just after 1pm today.
It is understood the lorry driver was travelling on the opposite side of the road, between the Redbridge and Gants Hill roundabouts, when the accident happened.
According to reports, it collided with a black BMW before moving to the other side of the road and hitting the house.
Tyre marks have been left on the grass which marks the central reservation in Eastern Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
And the black BMW is lying in the middle of the side of the road where the collision is understood to have happened, with significant damage.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said two crews were called at 1.15pm and treated a 76-year-old woman for a cut to the head, believed to be the homeowner, and she was later taken to Queens Hospital, Romford.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 9 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 10 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
A man in his 50s was also treated for an injury to his hand and was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital, Whipps Cross Road, Leytonstone.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said they have finished dealing with the accident.
There are about 18 police officers on the scene at present and the A12 is closed in both direction between Beehive Lane’s junction with the road and the Redbridge roundabout.
Did you see the accident? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3826.