UPDATE: Hainault Tesco Express raided by looters
Raiders stole about �1,000 in cash from a Tesco Express store in Hainault last night.
Raiders smashed their way in to the shop at about 10.50pm as staff, who had just closed the supermarket, sat in the office doing paperwork.
Abdul Ahad, manager of the Manford Way store, told the Recorder two tills were taken, as well as some alcohol.
He added: “I found two bricks outside this morning so they must have used them.”
Next door business Nisa Extra closed early yesterday as a precaution and still has two sets of shutters down today.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see any of the violence or looting in Redbridge last night?
Call 020 8477 3806 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones