UPDATE: Hainault Tesco Express raided by looters
Raiders stole about �1,000 in cash from a Tesco Express store in Hainault last night.
Raiders smashed their way in to the shop at about 10.50pm as staff, who had just closed the supermarket, sat in the office doing paperwork.
Abdul Ahad, manager of the Manford Way store, told the Recorder two tills were taken, as well as some alcohol.
He added: “I found two bricks outside this morning so they must have used them.”
Next door business Nisa Extra closed early yesterday as a precaution and still has two sets of shutters down today.
Did you see any of the violence or looting in Redbridge last night?
Call 020 8477 3806 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 10 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on