UPDATE: ‘Frail’ man taken to hospital after collision with car in Ilford
Part of Winston Way was closed off this afternoon after a collision involving a black car and a pedestrian.
It happened at about 12.15pm in Winston Way outside Sainsbury’s, Ilford.
Police had cordoned off Winston Way from Ilford Lane roundabout to the traffic lights on Cranbrook Road. After the collision workmen cleaned blood off the road with sand and water while the man was taken to hospital by ambulance.
Nilofar Zaman, who was redirect by the police following the incident, said: “One of the workmen said the man flew up in the air and I think he hit the window screen as it’s cracked.
“I think he was crossing the road, there was lots of police standing around and everyone was quite shocked. He looked like he was in his 60’s and he seemed quite frail.”
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance and single response unit were sent to the scene.
London Ambulance Service is yet to comment.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
Did you see the incident? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3826 or email firstname.lastname@example.org