UPDATE: ‘Frail’ man taken to hospital after collision with car in Ilford
Part of Winston Way was closed off this afternoon after a collision involving a black car and a pedestrian.
It happened at about 12.15pm in Winston Way outside Sainsbury’s, Ilford.
Police had cordoned off Winston Way from Ilford Lane roundabout to the traffic lights on Cranbrook Road. After the collision workmen cleaned blood off the road with sand and water while the man was taken to hospital by ambulance.
Nilofar Zaman, who was redirect by the police following the incident, said: “One of the workmen said the man flew up in the air and I think he hit the window screen as it’s cracked.
“I think he was crossing the road, there was lots of police standing around and everyone was quite shocked. He looked like he was in his 60’s and he seemed quite frail.”
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance and single response unit were sent to the scene.
London Ambulance Service is yet to comment.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 8 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 9 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 10 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
Did you see the incident? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3826 or email firstname.lastname@example.org