UPDATE: ‘Frail’ man taken to hospital after collision with car in Ilford
Part of Winston Way was closed off this afternoon after a collision involving a black car and a pedestrian.
It happened at about 12.15pm in Winston Way outside Sainsbury’s, Ilford.
Police had cordoned off Winston Way from Ilford Lane roundabout to the traffic lights on Cranbrook Road. After the collision workmen cleaned blood off the road with sand and water while the man was taken to hospital by ambulance.
Nilofar Zaman, who was redirect by the police following the incident, said: “One of the workmen said the man flew up in the air and I think he hit the window screen as it’s cracked.
“I think he was crossing the road, there was lots of police standing around and everyone was quite shocked. He looked like he was in his 60’s and he seemed quite frail.”
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance and single response unit were sent to the scene.
London Ambulance Service is yet to comment.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 8 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
Did you see the incident? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3826 or email email@example.com