UPDATE: Faulty fridge cause of Redbridge chemical scare
A leaking domestic fridge sparked a chemical scare in Redbridge this morning.
Firefighters were called to the building of veterinary charity PDSA in Woodford Bridge Road at 8.16am.
A smell of chemicals had been reported coming from the building.
Crews from Ilford Fire Station, a fire rescue unit from East Ham and a scientific support unit identified the smell as coming from a leaking domestic fridge.
The air in the building was tested, but there was found to be no “elevated reading”.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters ventilated the building before leaving the scene shortly after 10am.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said three people were checked over at the scene but none required hospital treatment.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved