UPDATE: Faulty fridge cause of Redbridge chemical scare
A leaking domestic fridge sparked a chemical scare in Redbridge this morning.
Firefighters were called to the building of veterinary charity PDSA in Woodford Bridge Road at 8.16am.
A smell of chemicals had been reported coming from the building.
Crews from Ilford Fire Station, a fire rescue unit from East Ham and a scientific support unit identified the smell as coming from a leaking domestic fridge.
The air in the building was tested, but there was found to be no “elevated reading”.
Firefighters ventilated the building before leaving the scene shortly after 10am.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said three people were checked over at the scene but none required hospital treatment.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 10 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on