UPDATE: Faulty fridge cause of Redbridge chemical scare
A leaking domestic fridge sparked a chemical scare in Redbridge this morning.
Firefighters were called to the building of veterinary charity PDSA in Woodford Bridge Road at 8.16am.
A smell of chemicals had been reported coming from the building.
Crews from Ilford Fire Station, a fire rescue unit from East Ham and a scientific support unit identified the smell as coming from a leaking domestic fridge.
The air in the building was tested, but there was found to be no “elevated reading”.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters ventilated the building before leaving the scene shortly after 10am.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said three people were checked over at the scene but none required hospital treatment.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours