UPDATE: Faulty fridge cause of Redbridge chemical scare
PUBLISHED: 10:22 04 January 2012 | UPDATED: 10:30 04 January 2012
A leaking domestic fridge sparked a chemical scare in Redbridge this morning.
Firefighters were called to the building of veterinary charity PDSA in Woodford Bridge Road at 8.16am.
A smell of chemicals had been reported coming from the building.
Crews from Ilford Fire Station, a fire rescue unit from East Ham and a scientific support unit identified the smell as coming from a leaking domestic fridge.
The air in the building was tested, but there was found to be no “elevated reading”.
Firefighters ventilated the building before leaving the scene shortly after 10am.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said three people were checked over at the scene but none required hospital treatment.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.