UPDATE: Driver arrested after woman killed by lorry in Green Lane
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver has been arrested after a woman was killed in Green Lane, Goodmayes, earlier today.
The man was arrested in conjunction with the incident outside Cash Concepts on the A1083/Green Lane, and he has been remanded in custody.
The 25-year-old pedestrian, named locally as Masuma Mawji, died at the scene after the lorry hit her while she “walked along the zebra crossing”.
Eyewitness Ray Mehta, who works at Nuchem Pharmacy with her father, said: “She came out from the beauty parlour and she always walked really slowly with her crutch, but she was always careful.
“The whole family are with her now [at the scene]. They are devastated.”
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Call 020 8477 3800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 8 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts