UPDATE: Driver arrested after woman killed by lorry in Green Lane
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver has been arrested after a woman was killed in Green Lane, Goodmayes, earlier today.
The man was arrested in conjunction with the incident outside Cash Concepts on the A1083/Green Lane, and he has been remanded in custody.
The 25-year-old pedestrian, named locally as Masuma Mawji, died at the scene after the lorry hit her while she “walked along the zebra crossing”.
Eyewitness Ray Mehta, who works at Nuchem Pharmacy with her father, said: “She came out from the beauty parlour and she always walked really slowly with her crutch, but she was always careful.
“The whole family are with her now [at the scene]. They are devastated.”
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Call 020 8477 3800 or email email@example.com.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 3 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told
- 10 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle