UPDATE: Body found on Chadwell Heath train track named
A 21-year-old man found dead beside a train track in Chadwell Heath has been named.
The body of Vladislav Denissenko, from Romford, was discovered near Whalebone Lane South at 2.40pm yesterday.
British Transport Police (BTP) are investigating how he came to be on the tracks but believe he may have been stealing metal.
A BTP spokesman said: “BTP were called to the line close to Whalebone Lane South, Dagenham, Essex on Wednesday, 4 January following a report of a body on the tracks.
“BTP officers attended the incident and discovered the body of a man.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident was reported at 2.40pm and is currently being treated as non-suspicious. We are looking at the circumstances surrounding how he came to be on the tracks, at this stage it appears he may have been there attempting to steal cable/metal from the railway.”
The incident caused disruption to rail services as trains were unable to stop at Chadwell Heath or Goodmayes.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 7 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Councillor's year-long running challenge ends with £1.2k foodbank donation
- 10 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes