UPDATE: Body found on Chadwell Heath train track named
A 21-year-old man found dead beside a train track in Chadwell Heath has been named.
The body of Vladislav Denissenko, from Romford, was discovered near Whalebone Lane South at 2.40pm yesterday.
British Transport Police (BTP) are investigating how he came to be on the tracks but believe he may have been stealing metal.
A BTP spokesman said: “BTP were called to the line close to Whalebone Lane South, Dagenham, Essex on Wednesday, 4 January following a report of a body on the tracks.
“BTP officers attended the incident and discovered the body of a man.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident was reported at 2.40pm and is currently being treated as non-suspicious. We are looking at the circumstances surrounding how he came to be on the tracks, at this stage it appears he may have been there attempting to steal cable/metal from the railway.”
The incident caused disruption to rail services as trains were unable to stop at Chadwell Heath or Goodmayes.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 10 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute