UPDATE: Body found on Chadwell Heath train track named
A 21-year-old man found dead beside a train track in Chadwell Heath has been named.
The body of Vladislav Denissenko, from Romford, was discovered near Whalebone Lane South at 2.40pm yesterday.
British Transport Police (BTP) are investigating how he came to be on the tracks but believe he may have been stealing metal.
A BTP spokesman said: “BTP were called to the line close to Whalebone Lane South, Dagenham, Essex on Wednesday, 4 January following a report of a body on the tracks.
“BTP officers attended the incident and discovered the body of a man.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident was reported at 2.40pm and is currently being treated as non-suspicious. We are looking at the circumstances surrounding how he came to be on the tracks, at this stage it appears he may have been there attempting to steal cable/metal from the railway.”
The incident caused disruption to rail services as trains were unable to stop at Chadwell Heath or Goodmayes.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation