UPDATE: 74-year-old taken to major trauma unit with head injuries after collision in Ilford
A 74-year-old man has been taken to a major trauma unit after being in collision with a car this afternoon in Ilford.
London Ambulance Service said they were called at 12.15pm and took the man as a priority to the Royal London Hospital with head and leg injuries.
The incident occurred in Winston Way outside Sainsbury’s Ilford.
Police had cordoned off Winston Way from Ilford Lane roundabout to the traffic lights on Cranbrook Road. After the collision workmen cleaned blood off the road with sand and water while the man was taken to hospital by ambulance.
Nilofar Zaman, who was redirect by the police following the incident, said: “One of the workmen said the man flew up in the air and I think he hit the window screen as it’s cracked.
You may also want to watch:
“I think he was crossing the road, there was lots of police standing around and everyone was quite shocked. He seemed quite frail.”
An ambulance and single response unit were sent to the scene.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
Did you see the incident? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3826 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.