UPDATE: 74-year-old taken to major trauma unit with head injuries after collision in Ilford
A 74-year-old man has been taken to a major trauma unit after being in collision with a car this afternoon in Ilford.
London Ambulance Service said they were called at 12.15pm and took the man as a priority to the Royal London Hospital with head and leg injuries.
The incident occurred in Winston Way outside Sainsbury’s Ilford.
Police had cordoned off Winston Way from Ilford Lane roundabout to the traffic lights on Cranbrook Road. After the collision workmen cleaned blood off the road with sand and water while the man was taken to hospital by ambulance.
Nilofar Zaman, who was redirect by the police following the incident, said: “One of the workmen said the man flew up in the air and I think he hit the window screen as it’s cracked.
You may also want to watch:
“I think he was crossing the road, there was lots of police standing around and everyone was quite shocked. He seemed quite frail.”
An ambulance and single response unit were sent to the scene.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
Did you see the incident? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3826 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.