UPDATE: 74-year-old taken to major trauma unit with head injuries after collision in Ilford
A 74-year-old man has been taken to a major trauma unit after being in collision with a car this afternoon in Ilford.
London Ambulance Service said they were called at 12.15pm and took the man as a priority to the Royal London Hospital with head and leg injuries.
The incident occurred in Winston Way outside Sainsbury’s Ilford.
Police had cordoned off Winston Way from Ilford Lane roundabout to the traffic lights on Cranbrook Road. After the collision workmen cleaned blood off the road with sand and water while the man was taken to hospital by ambulance.
Nilofar Zaman, who was redirect by the police following the incident, said: “One of the workmen said the man flew up in the air and I think he hit the window screen as it’s cracked.
You may also want to watch:
“I think he was crossing the road, there was lots of police standing around and everyone was quite shocked. He seemed quite frail.”
An ambulance and single response unit were sent to the scene.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
Did you see the incident? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3826 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.