Up to £3k for Redbridge businesses to speed up internet in government scheme
Businesses can get grants of up to £3,000 to speed up their broadband as part of a government trial.
Redbridge Council is awarding the funding to small and medium firms, community organisations and charities for improved internet.
The faster connections make video conferencing and other communication easier, and allow online storage that can back up files.
Redbridge is one of several London local boroughs running the scheme before it is expanded later this year.
Hainault and Ilford Business Improvement Districts and the Redbridge Chamber of Commerce are hosting an event about the grants on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be free to attend from 5.30-7.30pm, at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford.
Visit the council website for more information.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 5 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 6 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 9 School Streets scheme to expand in September
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London