Two suspects rob gold rings from 71-year-old man’s fingers after attack in South Woodford
- Credit: Archant
A 71-year-old man was punched to the floor in South Woodford and then had four gold rings stolen from his hands by two suspects.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the violent attack in The Drive at 7.50pm on Thursday of last week.
The victim had just got out of his car after pulling into his driveway when one of the suspects hit him in the face.
The two men then stole the rings which had precious stones and are valued at around £18,500.
They also took a black iPhone and £200 in cash from the man.
You may also want to watch:
They made off in a what is believed to be a black Ford Fiesta, turning right into Woodford High Road and then travelling in the direction of George Lane.
Both suspects are black, aged between 20 and 30 years old and 5ft 7ins in height.
- 1 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 2 Gants Hill Lloyds branch closes after more than 80 years
- 3 Update: Missing Chigwell man found
- 4 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 5 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 6 'No child goes hungry': Hainault school launches free breakfast club
- 7 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 8 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 9 Traffic near the Dartford Crossing builds as Insulate Britain block M25
- 10 'Every match is tough,' says Frenford FC boss Forbes
One was wearing a grey hoodie and the other a blue hoodie.
Anyone who has information about the rings or who witnessed the incident is asked to contact Det Con Joanna Stevens at Ilford robbery squad on 020 8345 2653.