Two new cricket pitches for Hainault park
Two new cricket pitches will be built in the borough thanks to an �11,000 grant.
The England and Wales Cricket Board and Sport England have awarded Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure a grant of �10,673 for two non-turf pitches at Hainault Recreation Ground in Forest Road.
Cllr Robin Turbefield said: “This grant is very welcome. The new non-turf pitches have been added to the edge of two cricket squares and can be used for traditional cricket matches.
“The added advantage is that matches can be played on the synthetic surfaces during bad weather.”
Sport England’s property director Charles Johnston added: “These new non turf pitches give plenty of cricket opportunity for all age groups to play cricket on this multi sports site.
You may also want to watch:
“We are confident that the ECB’s strategic approach to investing in high-quality, sustainable facilities will help cricket to attract and retain many new participants and create more opportunities to develop sporting talent.”
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford