Two more men charged in connection with death of Chigwell father Shammi Atwal
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged with the manslaughter of Chigwell father Shammi Atwal during an alleged robbery in Barking.
It brings the total of people charged in connection with his death to six.
Deibidas Sumskas, 25, of Otley Road, Newham and Edgaras Balezantis, 25, of Tollgate Road, Newham, were charged yesterday. They were also charged with conspiracy to commit robbery.
They appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today and have been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on February 17.
Vidmantas Gonskoves, 26, of Grange Road, Plaistow; Farhan Sheikh, 38, of Thornhill Gardens, Barking; Reiniks Kivers, 28, and Aurimas Diliunas, 27, both of no fixed address, all denied manslaughter and conspiracy to rob at the Old Bailey on January 31.
You may also want to watch:
They will be tried on April 7.
Father-of-two Mr Atwal, 45, died after being hit by a lorry outside the cash and carry business he owned in River Road, Barking, on October 14.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list