Two more men charged in connection with death of Chigwell father Shammi Atwal
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged with the manslaughter of Chigwell father Shammi Atwal during an alleged robbery in Barking.
It brings the total of people charged in connection with his death to six.
Deibidas Sumskas, 25, of Otley Road, Newham and Edgaras Balezantis, 25, of Tollgate Road, Newham, were charged yesterday. They were also charged with conspiracy to commit robbery.
They appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today and have been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on February 17.
Vidmantas Gonskoves, 26, of Grange Road, Plaistow; Farhan Sheikh, 38, of Thornhill Gardens, Barking; Reiniks Kivers, 28, and Aurimas Diliunas, 27, both of no fixed address, all denied manslaughter and conspiracy to rob at the Old Bailey on January 31.
You may also want to watch:
They will be tried on April 7.
Father-of-two Mr Atwal, 45, died after being hit by a lorry outside the cash and carry business he owned in River Road, Barking, on October 14.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion