Two men force their way into 28-year-old mother’s home in Ilford
Two men forced their way into the home of a 28-year-old woman while she was at home with her young child.
The incident happened at about 6.15pm last night in Jasmine Close, Ilford.
The two men, both white, broke the front door’s security chain and forced their way into the house.
Both men spoke broken English.
One man armed with a metal pole waited with the victim downstairs while the other man searched the first floor for valuables.
You may also want to watch:
After ten minutes they fled towards Uphall Road.
The first suspect is described as white, of thin build and was wearing a brown checkered scarf, black hat, black tracksuit and black gloves.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
The second man was of thin build and wearing a brown checkered scarf.
He wore a black hat, blue jeans, grey hooded top and black gloves.
Anyone with information should call Det Sgt Dave Bonnyhood at Ilford Burglary Squad on 020 8345 2680 or if you wish to remain anonymous Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.