Two men escape flat fire in Seven Kings
“Extensive damage” has been caused after a fire broke out at a Seven Kings flat.
Two men managed to escape the fire after it began in their flat above Clintons Letting Agents, in Stainforth Road, near the Wards Road junction.
The fire brigade were called to the property at 11.12am today.
David Stevens 62, who was in the flat at the time, said: “I was laying there watching TV when I smelt smoke. I woke Jason up and we both managed to get out. We didn’t want to hang around because it was getting quite smokey.
“I think it was something to do with the extractor fan. It’s blown the window out and melted the frame.”
You may also want to watch:
Jason Warne, 42, added: “It’s going to be a fair while before we get back upstairs, we’ve been told the damage is extensive.”
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: “Fifty per cent of the flat was reported to be alight and 20 firefighters were called to the scene.”
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 9 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 10 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
Tim Clarke, 22, who was working in the letting agents when the fire started, said: “A resident told us the about the fire and we ran out straight away, we were hardly going to carry on working.”
Are you at the scene or do you have any pictures of the fire? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 020 8477 3800.