Two men escape flat fire in Seven Kings
“Extensive damage” has been caused after a fire broke out at a Seven Kings flat.
Two men managed to escape the fire after it began in their flat above Clintons Letting Agents, in Stainforth Road, near the Wards Road junction.
The fire brigade were called to the property at 11.12am today.
David Stevens 62, who was in the flat at the time, said: “I was laying there watching TV when I smelt smoke. I woke Jason up and we both managed to get out. We didn’t want to hang around because it was getting quite smokey.
“I think it was something to do with the extractor fan. It’s blown the window out and melted the frame.”
You may also want to watch:
Jason Warne, 42, added: “It’s going to be a fair while before we get back upstairs, we’ve been told the damage is extensive.”
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: “Fifty per cent of the flat was reported to be alight and 20 firefighters were called to the scene.”
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill
- 9 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog
Tim Clarke, 22, who was working in the letting agents when the fire started, said: “A resident told us the about the fire and we ran out straight away, we were hardly going to carry on working.”
Are you at the scene or do you have any pictures of the fire? Email email@example.com, or call 020 8477 3800.