Two men escape flat fire in Seven Kings
“Extensive damage” has been caused after a fire broke out at a Seven Kings flat.
Two men managed to escape the fire after it began in their flat above Clintons Letting Agents, in Stainforth Road, near the Wards Road junction.
The fire brigade were called to the property at 11.12am today.
David Stevens 62, who was in the flat at the time, said: “I was laying there watching TV when I smelt smoke. I woke Jason up and we both managed to get out. We didn’t want to hang around because it was getting quite smokey.
“I think it was something to do with the extractor fan. It’s blown the window out and melted the frame.”
You may also want to watch:
Jason Warne, 42, added: “It’s going to be a fair while before we get back upstairs, we’ve been told the damage is extensive.”
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: “Fifty per cent of the flat was reported to be alight and 20 firefighters were called to the scene.”
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 3 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 9 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 10 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
Tim Clarke, 22, who was working in the letting agents when the fire started, said: “A resident told us the about the fire and we ran out straight away, we were hardly going to carry on working.”
Are you at the scene or do you have any pictures of the fire? Email email@example.com, or call 020 8477 3800.