Two-hour tailbacks on M25 near Redbridge
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
An accident on the M25 has caused a 16-mile tailback queuing past Brentwood’s Brook Street Roundabout.
A collision between two lorries causing a fuel spillage has led to delays in excess of two hours and a half, with traffic queuing anti-clockwise between Junction 26 at Waltham Abbey and Junction 29 near Cranham.
Two lanes are closed as recovery work continues.
There are still severe delays, but now of only around 90 minutes. One lane is now closed and traffic is queuing for 13 miles between Waltham Abbey and Brook Street Roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic has cleared.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers